Political name-calling also tends to show a severe lack of imagination. "Occutards", "Tea Baggers", "Nazi". Really the most overused of these is "Nazi". A few points of the National Socialist platform are:
- Total confiscation of war profits
- Profit-Sharing in large enterprises
- Large scale old age pension schemes
- Nationalization of major corporations
- Education and Healthcare reform to increase the state's power
- Duty of the state to provide employment
- All with an overdose of nationalism.
A brief skimming of the platform is all you need to see that calling any American elected official a Nazi is base libel. Socialist might fit some of them, Nationalist might fit others, but Nazi doesn't fit any that I know of.
I'm down off of my high horse. I had a run in with another student, who while generally smart, is politically blinkered, and has a bad habit of referring to Republicans as Nazis and Tea Partiers as "Tea Baggers".